Are you one of millions that suffer from headaches?
There are so many people out there who suffer, I being one of them. Especially during the Spring and Fall season when my allergies get the best of me.
Headaches seem to get worse with age (at least for me), not only because of allergies but also with arthritis. We do what we can to stay healthy and fit at our age and going natural with essential oils helps.
Have you ever tried to get any relief from using Essential Oils for headaches?
I have just started using Essential oils and (for me) it actually brings me a little relief.
*This post may contain affiliate links*
4 Essential Oils for Headaches
1. Lavender Oil – This oil has a high percentage of esters (linalyl acetate), and therefore, offers anti-inflammatory and sedative properties
More benefits for using Lavender oil
- Improves your sleep
- Heals burns and wounds
- Reduces anxiety and emotional stress
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne
- Slows aging with powerful antioxidants
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
This oil is also a great bug repellent. I used it recently to repel those pesky mosquitoes and it worked.
2. Peppermint Oil – This oil gives a cooling sensation and has a calming effect on the body, which can relieve sore muscles when used topically.
More benefits for using Peppermint Oil
- Soothe digestive issues
- Freshens bad breath
- Helps stomach aches
- Antimicrobial properties
- Improves mental focus
- Clears respiratory tract
- Boosts energy
- Releases tight muscles
3. Eucalyptus Oil – This oil contains a significant quantity of the oxide 1,8-Cineolem is said to act as both an anti-inflammatory as well as an expectorant.
More benefits for using Eucalyptus oil
- Hand Cleaner
- Nourishes hair
- Allergies & Sinus
- Cleans the air
- Cold & Flu
- Respiratory Problems
- and More!
4. Rosemary Oil – This oil applied to the skin has been used to treat muscle pain and improve circulation, so it makes sense that it could help relieve headache pain
More benefits for using Rosemary Oil
- Improve memory
- Soothe digestive uses
- Relieve muscle aches and pains
How to use Essential Oils for Headaches
There are 2 ways that I like to use these essential oils to get rid of headaches.
1. Apply to skin – If you have one of these essential oils mentioned, you can easily apply a drop or 2 to your forehead and temples for a little relief. I have been doing this when I am away from my diffuser at home.
2. Diffuser – You can also purchase one of these to keep near your bed, home office, ect. I have just recently purchased one and love how it works and the different colored lights make it so relaxing.