There are so many things in life that we need or should give up to move forward in life. Some of these things I am sure you really never thought of, I know I haven’t.
I have read so many things like this over the last few months and while I say I am going to do them and even write them down as a reminder, I still forget. Maybe it’s just us being human and life gets in the way and we forget or maybe not even think that it’s important.
This is all mindset, something that I have decided to start practicing, I truly believe that these things are very important, or we are not living our life to it’s fullest.
Below are 10 things you need to start giving up right now, start today. It’s going to be hard but it’s also going to be so worth it.
10 things you must give up to move forward
#1 Letting the opinions of others control your life
- It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.
- You have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.
#2 The shame of past failures
- Your past does not equal your failure.
- All that matters is what your do right now.
#3 Being indecisive about what you want
- You will never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
- Make a decision to figure out what you want, and then pursue it passionately.
#4 Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you
- There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them.
- The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
#5 Choosing to do nothing
- You don’t get to choose how you are going to die, or when.
- You can only decide how you are going to live, right now.
- Everyday is a new chance to choose.
#6 Your need to be right
- Aim for success, but never give up your right to be wrong.
- Because when you do, you will also lose your ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
#7 Running from problems that should be fixed
- Stop running!
- Face the issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive AND love the people in your life who deserve it.
#8 Making excuses rather than decisions
- Most long-term failures are the outcome of people who make excuses instead of decisions.
#9 Overlooking the positive points in your life
- What you see often depends entirely on what you’re looking for.
- You will have a hard time being happy if you aren’t thankful for the good things in your life right now.
#10 Not appreciating the present moment
- Too often we try to accomplish something big without realizing that the greatest part of life is made up of the little things.
Check out these 10 things you must give up to move forwardClick To Tweet