Do you accumulate a lot of bottle caps and just throw them away? STOP! You could be making art with them. Check out my Bottle Cap Deer Head I just made.
We go through a lot of bottles so I decided I would start collecting all of the caps. I came across bottle cap art when searching and I never realized you could make so many things with them.
What you need – Bottle Cap Deer Head Art (or any art)
- Piece of wood or canvas
- Gorilla Glue (I prefer the clear one)
- Lot’s of bottle caps
- Paint or stain (to apply on wood or canvas)
- Sealer (optional)
Creating your Bottle Cap Deer Head (or any art)
- Stain or paint your wood or canvas and let dry
- Lay out your choice of bottle caps to create the design you are going for. I found a deer head online and changed it up a bit to make it my own.
- Depending on what you are making, for this deer head, I had to take some pliers and bend the caps for the antlers.
- Take your gorilla glue and glue your caps onto your wood or canvas. I found instead of applying the glue to each cap, it was easier to pour glue down in the gaps and around the bottle caps and let dry. This is why is best to get the clear.
- I then took some spray sealer and sprayed the whole thing. It’s not really needed, it’s just something I wanted to do.
- Enjoy your art!
This is the finished product below. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
It was a lot easier than I though it would be. I can’t wait to create something else in the future.
I hope you give this bottle cap deer head a try, especially if you have a hunter in your life, like I do.