Cotton stems are very popular when it comes to farmhouse decor and I have been seeing them all over Pinterest.
While you can buy these already made in a lot of department stores, I decided I wanted to make my own DIY Faux Cotton stems for cheap.
Supplies for DIY Faux Cotton Stems
- Cotton Balls (I already has some on hand) but get some at the Dollar Tree.
- Potpourri found at Dollar Tree
- Glue of your choice, I used gorilla glue.
- Stems. You can find some at Dollar Tree but I wanted a more rustic look so I went with real sticks from my yard.
- Container to put your stems in. I painted the jar shown.
- Twine or anything to tie around your container (optional)
I am into painting mason jars also so I painted this one specifically for my stems.
There are many choices of potpourri to choose from, I just grabbed the basic one. There were some with different colors.
Removing some of the small brown pieces of the potpourri and just glued 3-4 around the cotton ball, leaving room at the bottom to glue to the end of the stem.
While mine is not that pretty, bring my first time, I think it turned out pretty well for now. I will be adding more later when I get some thinner, longer stems and will update the photo when done.
Once done, I used Raffia that I got from the Dollar Tree and and tied it around the top of the jar.
I really enjoyed making these and can’t wait to make more and put them in other places around the house.
Also check out.. How To Start Crafting On A Budget
Let me know in the comments below, have you ever made these DIY Faux Cotton Stems?