It was awesome seeing everyone’s touch on the Dollar Tree Splatter Screen Pumpkin, the way they were decorating them. At the bottom of this post, you will see a photo of my very first one.
It’s time to make one of your own, It’s a cheap craft, just go to the Dollar Tree for your supplies. I got my spray paint at Walmart though.
Please scroll all the way to the bottom of this post if you would like to have a printout of the instructions.
Splatter Screen Pumpkin Instructions
Here is what you need:
1. Splatter Screens, 3 of them with the long handle. You can get two of them with the knobs if you want to hang your pumpkin on the wall or door.
2. Floral wire
3. Hot Glue
4. Fall decor (artificial flowers, hay, pine cones, ect for decorating the pumpkin)
5. Spray Paint
6. Craft Rope
The first thing I did was spray pained my spatter screens with my choice of color.
To connect the pumpkins together, cut pieces of the floral wire and stick it though the screen holes and twist on the back side (you can always cut the extra wire if you get it to long)
As you can see above, handles on 2 of the splatter screens are bent so that the pumpkin can sit on the counter.
Here is another one I made (below) without the rope and I painted the handle green.
Now it’s time to decorate your Fall Pumpkin. In the photo above, you will see that the rope is glued around the pumpkin and around the top handle with hot glue. Also use the floral wire or hot glue to decorate your pumpkin as you wish.
I am about to finish up my second one and then I have to make one of my own. I am loving these Fall Splatter Screen Pumpkins.
This one below is my most recent one I just made. All the others made before have stands to set on the counter but this one, will be hung on the door.
I will be taking more rope and running it through the hole on the handle, which you can’t see because of the rope wrapped around it.
Splatter Screen Pumpkin for your front Door
To make your own to hang on the door, you will need to buy 1 splatter screen with long handle and 2 with the round handles, which will be removed.
Also check out.. How To Start Crafting On A Budget
I would love to see what your pumpkin looks like, post it in the comments below.
Be sure to check our more Dollar Tree Crafts here!
Please PIN graphic below for later
Post updated 7/6/2021
- 1. Splatter Screens, 3 of them with the long handle. You can get two of them with the knobs if you want to hang your pumpkin on the wall or door.
- 2. Floral wire
- 5. Spray Paint
- 6. Craft Rope (Optional)
- 4. Fall decor (artificial flowers, hay, pine cones, ect for decorating the pumpkin)
- 3. Hot Glue
- Spray paint the spatter screens with your choice of color
- Connect the pumpkins together, cut pieces of the floral wire and stick it though the screen holes and twist on the back side (you can always cut the extra wire if you get it to long). Make sure that two of the splatter screen handles are pointing down so that you can bend them as a stand.
- Decorate your Pumpkin and use either floral wire or hot glue to connect them to your pumpkin